FPX Nickel has one of the most qualified and experienced exploration and development teams in the junior mining industry. Collectively this team has been directly involved in a number of significant discoveries. FPX Nickel’s management team has worked in more than 35 countries, where they have been involved in mineral exploration and were responsible for negotiating exploration and mining concessions, tax treaties and related matters.
Martin Turenne, CA
President and CEO
- Senior executive with over 15 years’ experience in the commodities industry, including over 5 years in the mining industry.
- Extensive leadership experience in strategic management, fundraising, economic analysis, financial reporting, regulatory compliance and corporate tax.
- Formerly CFO of First Point Minerals Corp. from 2012 to 2015.
- Formerly with KPMG LLP and Methanex Corporation.
- A member of the Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants.
Trevor Rabb, P.Geo.
- Professional Geologist with over 10 years experience in mineral exploration, including over 5 years specializing in nickel-iron alloy deposits.
- Formerly First Point’s Senior Geologist and Vice-President Exploration from 2010 to 2016.
- Key player in exploration discoveries for First Point’s Decar, Mich, Wale and Klow properties.
J. Christopher Mitchell, P.Eng., MBA
Chief Financial Officer and Corporate Secretary
- Business Consultant with more than 40 years experience in the mineral industry.
- Served as Senior Vice President of Viceroy Resource Corp., Executive Vice President and CFO of Orvana Minerals Corp.
- Holds MBA and M.Sc. degrees, University of British Columbia, and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers of British Columbia.
- Director of Endurance Gold Corp.
Dr. Peter M. D. Bradshaw, P.Eng.
- Geologist with 45 years international mineral exploration experience in over 30 countries with Barringer Research, Placer Dome and Orvana Minerals.
- Member, Canadian Mining Hall of Fame
- Key discoveries and projects directly involved with include:
- Porgera Gold Mine, Papua New Guinea.
- Kidston Gold Mine, Queensland, Australia.
- Misima Gold Mine, Papua New Guinea.
- Big Bell Gold Mine, Western Australia.
- Omai Gold Mine, Guyana.
- Decar Nickel Project, British Columbia, Canada.
- Director of Aquila Resources.
- Cofounder and first Chairman of the Mineral Deposit Research Unit, University of British Columbia.
Dr. John B. Gammon, PH.D
- Geologist with more than 40 years international mineral exploration and government advisory experience.
- Supervised discovery and exploration of two nickel-copper deposits in Norway and a massive sulphide deposit in BC.
- Senior advisor on mining issues to five successive Ontario provincial governments.
- Founder and Co-Chair of the World Mines Ministries Forums.
- Established the “Centre for Excellence in Mining Innovation” at Laurentian University in Sudbury, Ontario.
- Director of The International Cynanide Management Institute, Golden Arrow Resources Corp., Probe Mines Ltd and Strait Minerals.
James S. Gilbert, MBA
- 30 years of experience in investment and transaction execution, with more than 20 years focused on the international mining and metals industry.
- Held senior management positions with Rothschild, Gerald Metals Inc. and Minera S.A., a private mining investment company.
- Experience covers mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financing, off-take and specialty refining agreements, joint venture negotiations and strategic marketing.
- President & CEO of Orvana Minerals Corp., Director of AQM Copper Inc.
Dr. John A. McDonald, P.Geo.
- Geologist with more than 40 years international experience as both a professor and mineral explorer.
- V.P.Exploration for both Diamondex and Winspear Diamonds Inc., where he and his technical team were directly responsible for the discovery and development of the Snap Lake diamond deposit. De Beers acquired Winspear’s majority ownership in the Snap Lake deposit for $305 million in 2000.
- Ten years for Esso Minerals Canada as Chief Geologist and Exploration Manager, Western Canada.
- Founding Director for the Mineral Deposit Research Unit (MDRU) at the University of British Columbia.
- Five years of mineral deposit research with CSIRO, Australia and a 13-year tenure as a professor at the University of Saskatchewan and Australian National University.
- In 2000 received the HH “Spud” Huestis award for excellence in prospecting and mineral exploration from the B.C. and Yukon Chamber of Mines.
- In January 2008 received the Hugo Dummett Diamond Award for Excellence in Diamond Exploration and Development.
- Director of Canterra Minerals Corp., Hudson Resources Inc., and Independence Gold Corp.
William H. Myckatyn
- Mining engineer with over 34 years experience in the Mining industry.
- Founder and CEO of Quadra Mining Ltd. Served as Chairman and subsequently Co-Chairman of Quadra FNX Mining until its takeover in 2012.
- Prior to Quadra, Mr. Myckatyn was Chairman, President and CEO of Dayton Mining Corp. where he led the restructuring and merger with Pacific Rim Mining Corp.
- Former President and CEO of Princeton Mining and Gibraltar Mines Ltd.
- Over 17 years working for various operations controlled by Placer Dome Inc. and its associated predecessor companies including four separate mines in Australia and the Philippines.
- Director of San Marco Resources and OceanaGold.
Rob Pease, P. Geo.
- Geologist with over 30 year experience in exploration, mine development and construction
- Former CEO Terrane Metals (Mt. Milligan copper-gold mine, central British Columbia), acquired by Thompson Creek for $650 million
- Former Director, Richfield Ventures (Blackwater gold project, central British Columbia), acquired by New Gold for $500 million
- Chairman, Trek Mining and Director, Pure Gold Mining Inc., Liberty Gold Corp. and Red Eagle Mining Corporation