Nickel for the
Canada’s Next Nickel District
The Decar Project in British Columbia, Canada
Become a part of our story and discover how we will help to solve the structural shortfall in global nickel supply.
Subscribe to our mailing list for project updates and commentary from management.
The Baptiste Deposit at FPX Nickel’s Decar Project is one of the world’s best development-stage nickel projects
Lower Projected Costs
- Potential for lowest quartile operating costs (US$3.13/lb Ni)
- Low capital intensity compared to recent global nickel mines
Large Resource, Long Life
- Projected to be among the world’s 10 largest nickel mines by annual output
- 24-year mine life with significant expansion potential
- Located 80 km west of Mt. Milligan mine (first production 2013) in BC
- Supportive local relationships
- Close proximity to power and rail
High-Value, Strategic Nickel Product
- High-grade nickel product (63-65% Ni) with low impurities
- Suited for direct feed to stainless steel or for EV battery market
Modest Enviro Footprint
- Non acid-generating host rock
- No toxic heavy-metal leaching
- Benign tailings with significant potential for CO2 capture
Conventional Mining & Processing
- Bulk-tonnage, open-pit mining with low strip ratio (0.17:1 life-of-mine)
- Magnetic separation followed by flotation recovery
- Production of high-grade Ni product and by-product iron concentrate
Reach FPX Nickel’s CEO Martin Turenne directly if you want to know more about this amazing opportunity.
A Potential Carbon Neutral Mine
According to Dr. Ian Power (Professor, Trent University), “Decar offers a tremendous opportunity for developing a carbon-neutral mine”.
- Decar mine waste (brucite) naturally sequesters CO2
- Generates a possible carbon benefit under the B.C. carbon tax
- Binding and cementation of tailings has numerous co-benefits that could influence mine design, operations, and closure
Be the first to get project updates, news, and commentary from management on this exciting new nickel project.
Join our mailing list for important updates the moment they are released.